THE OFFICIAL SFZF2016 POSTER
DESIGNED BY OUR 2016 GUEST OF HONOR AJUAN MANCE
CREATOR OF 1001 BLACK MEN and GENDER STUDIES
OH MY GOSH
CAN YOU HANDLE IT
~ ~ ~
On Sunday, September 4 from 11am-5pm at the County Fair Building, the San Francisco Zine Fest celebrates its 15th year by bringing together guests of honor MariNaomi and Ajuan Mance, 220+ artists and creators from the Bay Area and beyond, the SFZF Zine Library, workshops, panels, food, a dedicated kid-friendly section, and the natural beauty of Golden Gate Park for you weirdos who like going outside!
It's also your only chance to pick up the official SFZF2016 t-shirt, designed by MariNaomi:
And even more events!
As you hopefully know, the 15th Annual San Francisco Zine Fest is happening on September 4th 2016 in Golden Gate Park. (and psst, exhibitors, if you got accepted but haven't paid yet, you've got until 11:59pm on August 1 before your spot goes to someone on the waitlist)
BUT DID YOU KNOW
there are SIX DIFFERENT PRE-FEST SFZF EVENTS THIS YEAR?? ALL OF WHICH ARE FREE TO THE PUBLIC??
- 8/6 @ SFPL: 2nd Annual Zine Picnic & Volunteer Info Session
- 8/12 @ Patreon HQ: MONSTERS OF ZINES Interview Battle & SFZF Fundraiser, featuring Ajuan Mance, Minnie Phan, Liz Mayorga & Amy Burek (free with registration)
- 8/27 @ Alley Cat Books: Live Zines & Comics Marathon, an SFZF fundraiser!
- 9/1 @ SFPL: 'Thinking Captions' Reading, co-presented with the Cartoon Art Museum
- 9/2, 7:30pm @ Pegasus Books Berkeley: 'Fat Activism in Zines' Panel (title TBD), co-presented with RADAR and Virgie Tovar (you're the first to hear about this! Thanks for reading!)
- 9/3 @ Mission: Comics: SFZF Pre-Party & MariNaomi reading
And! And! Lots of other great zine things are happening in the Bay Area and California this month:
- 8/6 + 8/7: one of our all-time favorite tests, the Latino Comics Expo, takes over the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach!
- 8/18: Alphabet Anthology reading at Dog Eared Books Castro, featuring multiple SFZF exhibitors and Ajuan Mance!
Remember your favorite photo from SFZF 2015? Chances are very, very good it was taken by the incredibly talented Liz Acosta, who's dealing with some unexpected medical bills right now. Please consider donating to her cancer treatment fund.
Are you making it happen in or around the Bay Area zine scene? Want to tell us about something great? Let us know! Reply to this email, or hit us up on Twitter and Facebook.
We hope you have a wonderful week, and we will see you in (August and) September!
- SF Zine Fest Team